All lessons are given at Jeff Asselin’s Drum Academy located in Barrhaven, Ontario.
Private lessons are grouped in either half-hour or hour timeslots.
- Half-hour: $25 per lesson
- Hour: $50 per lesson
- Family discount of 10% when registering two or more children into private lessons
For semi-private lessons it is a max of 2 hour per session. One can learn with a sibling or a friend.
- Hour: $35 per student and lesson
- Lessons must be paid one month in advance
- Fees are payable by cash, cheque or email transfer and made payable on the first lesson of each month
- A $20 service fee is charge for payments returned “NSF”
- Click HERE to download our Payment Policies and Procedure Handout
To Book a Lesson:
- Please contact us at:
- 613-853-DRUM (3786)
Or visit the Contact Page for more information.
Should you wish to discontinue your lessons, simply advise your instructor prior to the commencement of the next month. There are no partial refunds for lessons that are discontinued during the current month.
Rescheduling of Lessons
Make-up lessons will be given only if there is 24 hours notice of a cancelled lesson. If 24 hours is not given, you will be charged for the missed lesson. Any lessons cancelled by your instructor will be rescheduled, with exception of statutory holidays.
If you have any friends or family members that would be interested in taking drum lessons please feel free to give out our name and number. For every successful student referral you will receive a free drum lesson.
Please let us know if you would like receipts to apply for the New Children’s Arts Tax Credit which applies to music lessons.
We are very excited to announce that Jeff Asselin’s Drum Academy will be awarding two scholarships in 2017 (August). These one-time scholarships will be between $500-1000 each and the recipients will be announced in late June/early July 2017. Scholarship will be given to two exemplary students; one who is registered in a University or College level music program and the other will be given to a student who is registered in any other field of study (not music).
Book suggestions are based on a specific individuals needs. Some books that I currently use in my program are:
- Syncopation (Ted Reed)
- Rudimental Solo and Duet Book (C. R. Burrows)
- The Mobility Book (C. R. Burrows)
- Groove Essentials (Tommy Igoe)
- The Art of Bop Drumming (John Riley)
- Beyond Bop Drumming (John Riley)
- The Drummers Cookbook (John Pickering)